Dos & Don’ts of Creating Your Niche Business
Starting out as a service based entrepreneur does not mean needing to take a complete 180 degree career turn. Here I show how you can create a profitable niche out of your existing skills and talents.
I’ll confess. When I was approaching my 35th birthday—and feeling stuck at my corporate gig—I almost became a yoga teacher.
I was so desperate to escape my 9-5 that I was literally s t r e t c h i n g myself in a new direction, 180 degrees from my current job and skill set.
Although I love a downward dog just as much as the next yogi, I was not meant to be a yoga teacher.
I was meant to create a business that leveraged my existing business, coaching and consulting experience, helping my clients to…
- monetise their skills and talents outside of their corporate workplace.
- launch their new business as a thriving entrepreneur.
- embrace their fear and go for it anyway.
If you know you want out of your 9-5, but you aren’t sure what you should do or even what kind of business you should start, don’t worry. You are not alone.
Starting a new business does NOT mean you have to make a radical change or turn your back on your gifts, skills, or professional experiences.
You can monetise your one-of-a-kind assets and be your own boss.
It starts with creating your superstar niche … which is basically a service that you can already provide based on your natural talents and the need in the marketplace for your gifts.
Introducing the Dos and Don’ts of Creating Your Superstar Niche Business:
Let’s start with the Dos…
• Do pursue a path that lights you up and is profitable.
• Do select a niche that you can own. As in, you’re best in class and have been down the path your clients are seeking. Even if you doubt yourself sometimes or feel like a fraud (that’s normal).
• Do create a business that utilises your experiences and skill set.
And now the Don’ts…
• Don’t be irresponsible and quit everything. You’ve worked far too hard to let it all go.
• Don’t pursue the path that seems popular and profitable, just because so-and-so said you should.
• Don’t let fear hold you back. Freedom is right around the corner.
You have the opportunity to be the best at whatever it is you choose to do. And your superstar niche is the defining factor that will set you apart in today’s crowded marketplace.
The big question for you: What are your natural gifts? Maybe you’re a great listener, or an excellent communicator, or even someone who creates lasting relationships. What is it for you?
To dig deeper into your superstar niche, download my free eBook From Corporate Woman to Thriving Entrepreneur: Your Roadmap to Escaping the 9-5, and peruse page 26 You’ll discover your niche in no time!
• Follow Me •
• Praise •
"My session with Louise was both inspirational and practical!"
"I feel more resilient and confident. I’m overcoming some of my fears around leadership."
"If you are thinking about working with Louise, go for it!"
"I am feeling very much in love with my life at the moment, and I think the work I have done with you is part of that."
"Helped keep me focused and accountable in setting up my healing business."
“I would wholeheartedly recommend Louise to anyone wishing to gain clarity and confidence in their professional lives.”